Friday, May 6, 2011

Working with Grasslands


Howdy folks! So I've just started a new adventure. I'm now working with a company called Grasslands, the action arm of the Savory Institute. Using the principles and pathways of Holistic Management (which is very similar to the Permaculture paradigm), Grasslands ranches thousands of cattle on vast grasslands in a way that heals the land instead of degrading it (See Time Magazine article). With proper management and controlled grazing, the bovine can reverse desertification, sequester massive amounts of carbon, prevent wildfires, increase plant diversity, improve water & mineral cycling, create topsoil, AND feed America! The potential of the Grasslands project to change the world simply astounds me, and I cannot think of any other opportunity that would better fulfill my need to both pursue my passion and offer valuable service to the world.

"Until you do what you believe in, you don't know whether you believe it or not."
- Tolstoy

For more information on Grasslands, LLC, check out this article written by our amazing investors from the Capital Institute: The Grasslands Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment